28 April, 2011

Assorted Chaos and Sundries

Well, that was an interesting weekend.  Basically, it was madness, thus precluding any chance I had of being productive this week as we dealt with things.  So, my awesome resolution to religiously post every weekday has been dashed...*sigh*

I shall get back on schedule, undaunted and with new determination.  Perseverance is the key to success, no matter the industry or field.

Can you tell I've been reading old timey books?  I said 'shall' the other day in conversation and everyone looked at me like I had two heads.  It's such a fun word.  There are tons of cool words that we hardly use anymore, either because they have fallen out of fashion or become redundant.

Reckon, that's a good one.  Rather is another I like but I can never seen to find a place to use it that doesn't make me sound like a prig.  And I don't mean as in: "I'd rather eat broken glass than lima beans."  But: "Well, that was a rather interesting, movie, yes?"  It makes me sound like I'm trying to sound smart, which I am, but only serves to make me sound not smart.  Does that make sense?

I think I need a nap.

E. T.

0 comments: