02 June, 2011

B to the O R I N G

BTW, totally stole that title from one of the many cartoons I watched today.

As you may have surmised, I am still sick.  I wasn't sure what I was expecting to happen.  Maybe that I would wake up this morning and suddenly feel better.  Not so much.  My sore throat has calmed, but now I just feel...I don't even have a word for it and I don't have the energy to think of something descriptive.  That's how I feel.  Like I am incapable of description due to my illness.

But now, I am bored.  Another think you may have surmised:  I have an entirely over active imagination.  I'm pretty much going around in "la-la land" all the time.  When I'm at the store.  While I'm driving.  Making dinner.  Reading doesn't count; it's like "la-la land" impressed upon my brain externally.  That's probably why I like reading so much.  It gives my brain a break from having to occupy itself.

And my dog agrees that today is boring.  Usually we are somewhere she can run and bark and chase things, dig where she's not supposed to, roll in the grass and generally have a fantastic time.  Today we are at home.  In the apartment.  Doing nothing.  Even her ability to sleep on my pillow for hours on end is taxed sorely.

She keeps coming up and staring at me, like I'm going to magically make a backyard appear on the deck.  When she does consent to leave the bed and stand longing at the sliding door, I let her out.  She prances out all like "Yay!  Mom remembered I'm a dog, not a piece of- wait a second!  This is the back porch!  I can't see anything because we're three stories up and there's this stupid railing in the way.  Aw, man!"  Then she comes back inside and flops down on the floor and stares at me some more.  Sorry baby puppy.  Mom is sick.  And yes, I refer to myself as 'mom' when speaking about and/or for my dog.  Shut up.

No progress on anything.  I took some more Tylenol (endorsement anyone?), so hopefully my brain will lurch out of it's stupor and I can do something today.  Besides stare blankly at the TV.  But then, sleeping does sound nice.  Scoot over, puppy.

E.T.

0 comments: